BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prayer of Patience...

I can’t believe I would be reading Cosmopolitan thoroughly, thanks for not being so busy lately, hehe. After being a little bit down these past few days (though I don’t show it to my team mates), I think the magazine didn’t come at a better time than  last night. I really thank God that He still watches over me, trying to comfort my weary heart and mind, and though Cosmo is a somewhat out-of-this-world medium, I know He used its pages to teach me that patience in waiting will eventually bear fruit, and it’s sweet. While I was flipping through Cosmo’s pages, I saw this prayer written, a prayer that says Love is truly worth the wait. The prayer is entitled Prayer of Patience, written by author Rissa Singson-Kawpeng and is included in her book Confessions of an Imperfect Bride. I know the prayer is intended for girls-in-waiting, that’s why I re-edited some parts so I could relate to it more. Hopefully, this prayer would also serve as an inspiration to those who are waiting for true love:

Lord, today I ask you: Teach me to be patient…

Help me realize that there is purpose in waiting.

It is not a waste of time.

You are preparing me for what it is to come.

And I believe Your plans are beautiful and beyond what I can dream of or imagine.

So, mold me and make me into a person who is pleasing in Your sight and in others.

And when the time is right, send me the One who will be my partner for life.

Amen and amen.

Thank you Rissa!

0 reactions: