BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weddings et. al.

Really had a blast yesterday!

Yep you heard it right guys :) Though it was tiring being part of the organizing/errands committee of Kar’s (my college housemate) wedding, it was really enjoyable and fulfilling to see that all you’ve helped planning with unfolded in front of your eyes. Yes there are some kinks on the side, but all of it are just minor ones and were easily remedied (or even overlooked intentionally, hehehe).

If you still remember, all of this started during our meeting at Seafood Island in Araneta Center (after my stressful birthday, hehe), when Kar solicited our help to organize her wedding. After that, we met at Erin’s (another college housemate) house to help her in selecting the photos to be used for the Audio-Visual presentation during Kar’s wedding reception.

I didn’t anticipate that just choosing the photos will become a very challenging task since there are ALOT of photos to choose from, aside from the fact that I don’t have any sleep yet since I went to Erin’s right after my Friday shift. But still we managed to make it enjoyable since we played around with the photos, laughed over those which are funny, (sorry Kar, hehe) and we even watched a Korean movie over the net titled Hansel and Gretel (which is a cerebral type of horror movie). After choosing the pics, Erin started tinkering over them and began making the AVP. Since video editing is her forte, we left the editing to her and just joined hands in prayers for God to give her strength and patience while making the video, hahaha.

Then the day we were all looking forward to finally came. Last Friday, I, Annegi, Jen, Erin, Em, and Joel met so we could all go together to the hotel where the wedding reception will be held. Kar reserved a room for us there so we could get organized in the morning before the wedding proper. But before proceeding to Cavite, the group decided to have dinner first at Red Ribbon - ATC so we would just have our sleep upon arrival to the hotel.

After we arrived at the hotel, amazingly, we didn’t take our sleep yet since we were all in kulitan mode. I told them my experiences with a short-lived textmate (which I took a ribbing from but it was all for fun) and watched the final outcome of Kar’s AVP. All I can say is, Erin did a damn good job with it! It was done professionally and I now know who to take to make my own AVP for my wedding, I just have to look for the groom, hahahahaha! We also had a blast watching the bloopers which Erin also took pain making. After that, I didn’t remember what happened after since I fell asleep, hehe.

Morning next day, I was the one who woke up first. Kar called us in our room to greet us and tell that breakfast will be served in the hotel lobby in 30 minutes. We took turns freshening up and went down at the lobby when Kar informed us that breakfast was ready. There, we met her and Turo (our groom friend), Kar’s dad Tito Boy and her brother Niko. Before breakfast though, we went first to the reception venue to have an occular inspection of the place and have a brief meeting of what to do later during the wedding and the after-wedding reception.

At past 9 AM, we proceeded to the church to help in placing the decorations on the church aisle. The wedding started at 10:30 AM, and the reception quickly followed. I won’t bore you with what happened during the activities but let’s just say that I was really inspired and I’m really looking forward to my own ‘wedding’ (But since same-sex marriage is still not accepted here in the country, I would say my exchange of vows with my future partner in life :). I won in a game, and ate sumptuous food prepared for the festivities. The event ended at 3:30 PM and all guests transferred to the poolside area for Uri’s 1st birthday (Kar and Turo’s youngest). Phol and I served as game masters for the short parlour games we prepared for the kids in the pool. It was really nice seeing kids enjoying the games and getting prizes. After that, our group had a nice time eating and chatting. It was a very appropriate and fun way to cap the day’s activities.

Elbi mates and more

Elbi mates and more

The group

The group

Next stop >>> Hotel Gimik!!!

0 reactions: