BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 24, 2009

MiXeD nUtS!

At long last! I’m here again blogging my heart and mind away, hehe. It’s been a while since I’ve written here huh. I can’t say I’ve really missed writing since I’m not a writing-kind of person, but I could say because of past events, I’m quite addicted now in blogging. My friends even told me that I’m making this my diary already. But isn’t that the main reason why blogs came into being? To be our online diary? Maybe the only difference is that blogs like this one I have are very public. There are so many reasons why people set up their blogs, well like I’ve said before, for me it’s therapeutic. It helps me release stress brought about by emotional burdens. And so far so good! I’m starting to confront life again, head on. I’ve accepted that when you love someone, you must be ready with all the consequences that might happen. It’s just unfortunate that mine did not prosper like I have planned or intended, but that’s life. For every door closed, there’s another one being opened for us. It’s just for us to decide whether we want to stand infront of that closed door forever, or move on and look for other doors being opened for us. Doors that may lead to better things and people who would eventually be more deserving of our attention. But as for me, I’ve already chosen to leave that closed door behind, and look for bigger and better doors.

What a week that was!  A lot of things happened, not necessarily about me, but also within our country and the world in general. There was this video scandal of Dr. Hayden Kho, the love interest of doctor to the stars, Dr. Vicki Belo, that really shook the country. Even Malacanan had already reacted on this! My take on this issue? Though I’m sympathetic to the girls in the videos (if they really don’t know they’re being videoed), I really can’t waste my precious time delving into this issue, since it doesn’t concern me in the first place. Besides, I believe that if more and more people patronize this issue, we’re just giving more reasons for others to profit from this unfortunate incident. So guys, let’s just leave this to the government agencies concerned, and move on. Remember there are more important issues to focus on. Issues that could literally change the course of our future and the country’s future in general. Yes, I’m pertaining to the Presidential elections next year.

I commend the COMELEC for making sure that elections next year would be fully automated. You know, I’m a firm believer of an automated election because for me, the faster the votes are casted, counted and canvassed, the lesser the time we give those evildoers to tinker the actual results of the election. It would mean that the people we would place in government, are the people who have our mandate. That would show the world that democracy really works and is very vibrant here in the Philippines. I also commend the different groups who would serve as watchdogs and guardians of our ballots. They are giving utmost service to us all, us ordinary citizens who for so many years have been taken advantage of by people greedy for power. Let’s do our share guys. In our own little ways, like just voicing our support for them would be a big morale boost for them.

Finally, the situation that we are most afraid of happening yet being anticipated has arrived. Influenza A(H1N1) has landed here in our country! Though it’s not an outbreak (yet), it’s just a little bit concerning that it’s already here. So guys, don’t forget to always wash your hands before and after eating, touching things being touched by others, and if you could help it, avoid crowded places. Remember, H1N1 is an airborne type of virus so it could easily be transferred from one person to another. Heed all government warnings, and also do our part in containing this virus and preventing this from being spread around by being hygienic.

Wow!  Different topics in just a single entry huh. I think I would like this kind of set-up, hehe.

4 reactions:

Inspired at One said...

hi bro! what can i say.. you did a very good job with this blog. nagenjoy ako magbasa ng entries mo - from the last one back to the first! now i understand better how you feel about your failed relationship. teka, hindi ata tamang sabihing failed dahil kung meron mang natalo sa nangyari eh siya yun. dahil ikaw, you gained more than what you expected - a tougher and wiser you. you're right when you said you shouldn't depend your happiness upon another person. you create your own happiness! i know marami kang naririnig samin pero we want you to know that deep down, we just want you to be happy. sabi nga ni ely buendia, "Kung nais mo'y mabuhay ng tahimik at walang gulo, sundin ang aking payo, payong kaibigan lang naman ito... easy ka lang!"

Mikee Maclang said...

Thanks anj! I really appreciate your comment and advise. I'm really touched by it. I thank God for friends like you guys and I hope you'd stay the same and be always there for me. I love you guys! Mwah!

Jessie Panlilio said...

bratha (hiphop version ng brother), pwede ka bang kuning co-host sa tv show namin? kasi may segment kami dun na nirereview ang three hottest news of the week. pwedeng pwede ka dun! parang mixed nuts lang! hehe, peace. re that "failed" love life, well, alam mo na siguro ang take ko dyan. sabi nga ni Sandra Bullock as Annie sa Speed, 'relationships that start under intense circumstances, they never last.' (me ganun?) labo no, sensya na. may the true love life be with you!

Mikee Maclang said...

Naku erin, mala-POV ba ito ng the Buzz? Do I need to look like Boy Abunda? Hahaha! Well, let me think about it first, I'm a li'l bit camera shy e, hehehe. Yep, may the true lovelife be with me talaga, and soon I hope :)