BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Seasons of Love

“525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear

 525,600 minutes how do you measure, measure a year

 In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee

 In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life…”

I really love this song the first time I heard it and saw it being performed in a movie trailer of Rent-the movie. I dunno, it just makes me think of how my life has turned into after all the years I’ve existed. Have I done good to others? Or hurt anyone along the way? Have I lived my life worthily, or am I just running in circles? 

For the past 26 years of my life, I’ve met so many people: family, friends from school and work, my first love… And all of them have taught me the singlest, most important lesson that you could learn, and that is you really couldn’t quantify or put numerical value on love and happiness that you share with others because doing so would just make you less of a person. Why? Because if you count the times that you have loved or make others happy, you’re just putting limitations on how you would affect others’ lives thus eventually making your world smaller, an antithesis really of being human.

“525,600 minutes, 525,000 journeys to plan

 525,600 minutes how can you measure the life of a woman or man

 In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried

 In bridges he burned, or the way that she died…”

0 reactions: